Friday, October 8, 2010

Sign sign everywhere a sign - Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind





With all the talk of the drilling west of Duncan Lake I went out to see what was going on. Along the road for a few kilometers every road has a sign if it's not the mining companys having a pissing contest on who has the best sign it's the Keep out and NO hunting signs. Personally I wish they were several 100 kilometers further away. Traffic through the town has increased and very few obey any speed limits that are posted. I am worried this town will never be the same if a mine starts operating, sure this was a mining town but not the 21st century kind of mining like they do now.

8 comments:

Ron said...

True words on what these companys will do to small towns. People don't care like they once did. You may need to involve your local MP etc.

Ron said...

Where is Duncan lake in travel from Gowganda ?

Ron said...

Bill - Just really noted your title and caught on. Sign Sign everywhere a sign blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign....Five Man Electrical Band from Ottawa Ontario.

Gowganda Photography said...

Ron
This area is about 20km west of Gowganda.

Jeremy said...

Last I heard, gold hit over $1300/oz. I have a feeling it might get busy up there for a little while.

Sue W said...

Boy, those sure went up fast.... I don't remember seeing them this last summer when I was there. This can't be a good thing for Gowganda.

Anonymous said...

I noticed the signs right away this past summer. Signs that I had never seen up there before. I hope it all doesn't ruin the beautiful charm of the area. Karen

Anonymous said...

What is the mining activity like now in 2014? Are they still surveying or actually excavating? Or doing nothing?