Wednesday, February 23, 2011

First fishing trip


Last evening the forecast said it would be about -2C today, it went down to -20C overnite. I waited until about 10:00am this AM and it was begining to warm up so off I went. Within 15 minutes a couple of small pike which I released. After that it was all downhill the wind came up the shadows moved in and the temp. dropped. I headed home about 2:00pm. This is the earliest I have iced fished in this lake, I think I will wait until my usual time about mid March when you can actually feel the sun. I'm sure the fish will be on the move then too.

4 comments:

Ella said...

This makes me really long for next week when the schools are closed and we will go to our lake house and spend some time out in the nature.

Gowganda Photography said...

Ella,
Have a good time and take in all you can.

Ron said...

what lake are you fishing on ?

Gowganda Photography said...

Ron,
Diabase