Saturday, June 25, 2011

Twinflower on Bouche Rd.



Yesterday I went up the Bouche Rd to see if the water had gone down across the road, with all the rain it is even higher. On my way back I spotted a mossy rock covered with Twinflowers (Linnaea borealis) at this point it was pouring rain I couldn't get out of the truck for a pic. I put a larger lens on and took them thru the window and to come back today for some better shots. Today the flowers looked drowned out but I did find some with a little colour left in.

5 comments:

Ella said...

Oh, they are so lovely and too small to pic and take inside so you just have to get down and enjoy them where they grow. We just call them Linnea and that is also a common girlname in Sweden. How known is Carl Linaeus and his Systema naturae in Canada?

Gowganda Photography said...

Ella,
I can remember in High School learning the classification system and his name came up as very important whether they do that anymore I don't know that was quite a while ago.

Karen said...

Hi Bill, where is the Bouche Road? You mention it often, but I don't know many of the roads by name. Karen

Gowganda Photography said...

Karen,
About 3km west of town-road to the right goes north, sometimes called the Foot Lake Rd, used to be the White Rock Rd when there was a painted white rock there or even better were all the tree slash from town is piled.

Ron said...

Nice shots Bill