Monday, February 13, 2012

Winter Logging


Logging is at work all year round, right now they are just finishing up on the Everett Lake Rd.  The workers have been at it since the fall, right now they are by Babs Lake.  Jack Pine, Spruce, Poplar and Birch are the main species  Pine and Spruce for saw logs and Poplar and Birch for chip board. All species are transported by trucks to different mills.  Elk Lake has a mill for lumber and Englehart has the chip board mill. The chip board mill takes in 100 truck loads a day from all over the area to keep it working.  Here are a couple of pics near the latest cut nearby.

1 comment:

Gert said...

I have to admit...these pictures show the forests in our area just disappearing. I know we need jobs but maybe they could go somewhere else for awhile. Everywhere I took a drive to last year has been a shock to my eyes....so many places of my childhood...changed forever...and now those of my family coming after me.. won't see where I walked and played.