Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Revisiting the snowshoe trail








Great day today sunny but a bit windy. Figured I go out and check out the snowshoe trail. Good thing I marked it well with flaging tape, even then I took a couple of wrong turns. Got up to the big beaver dam, I guess the runoff was huge this year as the dam bust. It not only bust but if floated a 25 foot piece right off it. Underneath was flat rock so there was nothing anchoring it. This dam is almost 10 feet high, you can see it in the behind the dam.


On the next beaver pond I couldn't resist taking a pic as the beaver sees it. This is another large pond with a big dam, the beaver house on this pond has been deserted but they must still be here as the dam is in great shape.



In the outflow marsh marigolds just coming out. Also saw some blueberry flowers on the deeper sandy areas, none in bloom on the rocky areas, rock must be to cold. In a cool dark damp spot I found a neat leafy liverwort had to use the flash on this one.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics dad, your makin me really jealous...
kate