Saturday, August 2, 2008

Finally new pictures


Finally out to get pics this afternoon. Cloudy but no rain. Headed out to the trail to the minnow pond. I spotted some Indian Pipe starting to show when I was checking the minnow trap the other day. These plants are parasitic and feed on roots or on decaying material in soil. There is no green on them at all.

With all the moisture there are lots of mushrooms this year, unfortunatly I only know a few of them the one in the pic is unknown.

The clintonia now has its blue berries, that's why it's called Bluebead. The bunchberries have lots of bright red berries the grouse will be after them.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am certainly learnign a lot of our plants...have never known what they were called adn I appreciate you taking the time to note them here on your site...

Anonymous said...

I should also learn to type slower ......