Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Canoeing in November








A break in the weather, the canoe still isn't put away why not go for a paddle. Headed out to the Montreal River at the Upper Notch dam. A little trouble breaking through the ice in the shade it was almost 2.5 cm. Once in the open water I headed north towards Metikemedo Lake the next bulge in the river once there turned around and headed back south. Went a bit down the Wapus and found a good spot for lunch and a stretch. Chased a pair of otters for awhile, seen a couple of ducks and that was it headed home a great day on the water.

2 comments:

Ella said...

Hi Bill, have put a link on my blog to Gowganda Views as I've taken a photo of a frosty branch. Not as good as yours, I only have my cellphone. But the pic was taken thanks to you and my nine year old daughter.
Your canoe trip seems nice.

Ron said...

nice shots Bill