Tuesday, April 19, 2011

This is the 500th post since blogging



Yes it doesn't seem like that many but the register doesn't lie. Along with that about 1260 pictures have been posted. Over 17,800 views from 10 countrys not to bad for putting Gowganda on the map and taking my picture taking to a different level. I started out doing this to get back into photography after a long layoff. I have the viewers to thank for all this and I will keep on trying to find new areas and ideas along the way.


Today while sitting at the landing at Duncan Lake a beaver started to take notice of me and kept coming closer all the time until he figured out he shouldn't be there. A short while later an otter came along snorting and trying to figure out who the stranger was. He finally crawled up on the ice and kept his eye on me from a distance.




10 comments:

Paul said...

Well congratulations on this milestone! You know I'm a faithful viewer but alas, not a frequent commenter. Otters are one of my favourite creatures.Looking forward to the next 500! Paul

Sue Weisenbach said...

Congratulations. For all of us that love Gowganda but aren't fortunate enough to live there full time, we appreciate your efforts.
Sue W

Anonymous said...

Congratulation and keep the pictures coming.Appreciate all of them Thanks.

Ella said...

Congrats! A beaver and an otter, not a bad way of celebrating a blog.

Face said...

I otter have a good comment :)
But congratulations. I also love otters. I have a few minutes of great video of an otter circling my boat and sassing me (taken at Duncan about a mile from the landing. Also had a real otter treat - a whole family one day - down by that narrow section heading towards the dam.

Ever get any photos of the trapper's cabins on Duncan? If they are still there.

Terry In Buffalo said...

Congrats Bill ! For those of us who can only make it up there once a year, your blog has been invaluable in keeping us in touch with that little slice of heaven called Gowganda. Thanks, and keep up the great work !!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Beautiful pics. Coming up in 1 month for a fishing trip. Hope the ice is gone by then!!

Ron said...

Congratulations Bill. Enjoy your pics and your comments on Gowganda. Cheers to 500 more (You should now run for Mayor of Gowganda.)

Karen said...

I love your blog as I'm like some of the others that commented. I can only get up to Gowganda once a year, but feel it is heaven!

Minden said...

Keep 'em coming Bill, great job!