Friday, May 13, 2011

Something new

Blogger had some problems and they lost the last post on me. I'm going to try and recreate it. It deals with HDR photos. This is when you take three pictures using a tripod of the same thing with different shutter speeds. One is a normal picture, the second is shot with a slower shutter speed to show whats in the shadows and the last on a higher shutter speed to develop for the hilites. Combining the three together to get a dynamic range from the shadows to hilites all exposed correctly. You will notice under the rock you can see most of whats underneath.
I have also lost all the comments on this blog too.

8 comments:

Terry In Buffalo said...

Bill what software are you using ? Is it Photoshop ?

Gowganda Photography said...

Terry,
Yes I use CS5 which includes their HDR Pro. THere are standalone programs like Photomatrix that can be used too

Gert said...

just awesome Bill!!!!

Ella said...

It's amazing what you can do with a photo and now I also got the answer to my questions about the software you use.

Gert said...

Well , here is mine again,
"Awesome Bill"!

I was wondering what happenned tothe photo when I was here earlier this morning?

Terry In Buffalo said...

I thought you mentioned before that some software was involved. Was it Photoshop ?

Gowganda Photography said...

Terry,
The post got lost in cyberspace. Yes I did it in Photoshop CS5 with their plugin HDR Pro. There are standalone options like Photomatix which are a lot less $.

Ron said...

nice Bill