Friday, October 31, 2008

Beautiful day for tower watching












While I was at home I could see them erecting pieces of the tower, I had to wait around until 11:00AM before I could get up there. Unfortunately the wind came up about the same time and the tower erection was shut down for safety.

I went up after lunch and had a talk with some of the men, one is actually from Earlton. If they get good weather the tower will be up in a couple or more days.

The 20 foot sections weigh around 1200 pounds each and are lifted by the ginny that travels parallel to the new tower, it pulls a section up from the ground to a point where it is above the last section, the pulley at the top rotates the new section directly over the last section and with a little man handling drops down and is attached by bolts. I will be going up early tomorrow to photograph this process. For the time being I have some pics of the tower base, the sections, and the ginny that transports the sections to the top.

No comments: