Friday, October 17, 2008

Up to Obushkong Lake










Went up to Obushkong Lake this afternoon to take my boat out for repairs. A couple of years ago I was carrying it back up the hill and a wind caught the boat and flipped it on a rock which resulted in a dent with a hole. Will fix it before spring for next summer.

Got a few pics while there, one of the falls, some Phragmites, a tall grass not too common around here. Usually seen in roadside ditches. Bunchberry in fall colour, Old Man's beard lichen, and a bracket fungus with a small birch growing through it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from New Zealand. I have enjoyed your blog, and it encourages me to continue taking pictures as my theme is someting similar. Just day to day pics of how I live, although my quality is not as good.To view my blog, go to www.southpacificlifestyle.blogspot.com Cheers, Cliff

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad!, How's the weather?....had to break out the scraper the other day, not fun....think I've figured out where to park my car so it gets them most sun...HA!

Im workin all week this week, will call when I get a day off...love the pics!!!
talk soon!