Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Snowblower Idling in the garage




Two days in a row now the snowblowers were busy, according to weather another storm coming thru tonight the blower is idling in the garage for an early start.

This AM snow brought another 10cm. to bring it up to about 30cm.+ a fair amount for this soon in the season. It's shaping up just like the summer had lots of rain, then the winter will bring lots of snow.

December the 1st is the the start of renovations at home. Since the new windows were all put in now the inside work starts. The livingroom is getting a full treatment right from the studs out.

There was never any insulation in the house so this is the start of the bottom floor, the upper floor is all finished. Insulation, vapour barrier, drywall on walls and ceiling. New floor and door.

Yesterday all the furniture came out and all the trim was removed. Today all the old panelling removed, tomorrow the ceiling tiles. The dirty job is removing all the old drywall.

New materials are all ordered including what they call dustless drywall compound, this I will have to see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I can't recognize it uless I look REALLY close...Heat is good, but 'wow'......I've slept on that couch that now looks like ghost....'wow'

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize how bright the rooms would be with the panneling down! Now you got me thinking Bill...okay..enough thinking...too much work... If I want to sit in a bright room ,I'll just come over to your place and watch TV and have Cocoa!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gert