Saturday, May 23, 2009

Gowganda Views first year





Well I can hardly believe it's been a whole year doing Gowganda Views. I started out wondering what I had gotten myself into but found that I really enjoyed it and if I didn't post something was missing. Over the past year there have been 233 posts and 650 pictures.
I achieved a goal of taking over 3,000 pictures and culling what you have seen. I can't wait to start the next year.
I would like to thank all that have dropped in to visit whether a day or everyday. I'm always surprised when somebody I don't know comes up and says I watch your blog all the time. Usually they have been to Gowganda at some time, lived here or knows someone in town or strangers that have done a seach for a photography blog. Again a warm thanks to all.

Today It was time for some cake and some of that smoked whitefish I have gone to great lengths to tell all about and a picture of the lake the town is named after.

3 comments:

Gert said...

Congratulation Bill,

Paul and I enjoy the Blog very much. When we are away we check in on the site and keep in touch with what's happening at home.
We are looking forward to another year of pictures, reports and learning the names of the flowers and plants

The white fish you brought over today is delicious...yum.

We had a great day, so glad you shared it with us.

Paul said...

Hi Bill,

Happy Birthday! It's hard to believe it's already been a year.
Although I read your blog almost every day,and don't usually leave a comment, today is indeed special. Looking forward to "Season Two".

Face said...

Happy Birthday

Haven't missed a day yet

Hi - Gert - Paul