Saturday, May 16, 2009

More pics of the trip








After booking in at the motel in North Bay and having supper I drove back up Highway 11 a few kilometers to a park called the Black Forest. A mature red pine stand with some plantings for the future. A trail of chips led me around and thru the whole forest. A nice walk after supper.

Another pic of the Sequin River just above the falls you would never know what was just behind me. Most of the snow has melted some time ago and the spring runoffs are just over.

Some of the trees Dave is removing for his new storage building, his son Dave2 is high in the tree cutting limbs before topping it. The wind was too strong for topping, would have made a good pic. Maybe next time.

Another bird at the feeder, just outside of the window.

1 comment:

Brook said...

I love the photo of the path through the woods, and the river is beautiful.
Blue jays are raucus fun-I love to watch them chasing the crows around later when chicks arrive.