Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back to the horse loggers


Nice and sunny today so out to the dump with a pile of trash and down the Beauty Lake Road to see the horse logging. This is my second trip in, the first was about the end of November and I promised to bring them a disc with all the pictures I took that day.
Paul came with me today and found that they had moved quite a way down the cut. We walked in and found the couple that I had photographed last time and gave them the discs I had.
Maxenne (spelling?) was the horse that was pulling today she is 5 years old and weighs a ton. The loggers had raised her from birth. As we watched them pulling the puller would hardly speak to the horse and you could see her move in what ever direction she wanted her to go. The horse knew exactly what was required of her with few commands.

4 comments:

Gert said...

Paul looks like a little kid beside the horse.

As usual, great photos Bill.

Brook said...

I said it before and I'll say it again, I wish this were a more widespread practice.

Face said...

Bill

Great opp for a photo essay.

Wish I was there

Unknown said...

that is a gigantic horse

the snow pics are so lovely