Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fishing in the boat, finally





Had the boat ready in the garage for some time now. Launched it this AM to test the motor, all OK. Decided to try a little fishing this afternoon.

Tried several spots with no luck and went down to the south end of the lake to the falls, with all the melt and runoff they were still roaring along. Lots of water coming in from Hangingstone Lake.

Started back up the lake and tried a couple more spots, at one I lost over a half dozen minnows to bites but just could get one to hang on. I've fished at this spot other years and the same thing happens but in another couple of weeks or so you can't miss catching fish. All in all a great day of fishing.

3 comments:

Brook said...

beautiful!

Karen said...

I've been following your blog lately. Found it on Nancy Decker's website. My uncle owns cabins on 9th street. Originally, my grandparents bought this property from Earl Jones. They were Jack and Nancy Browning, perhaps you remember them? I spent many summers vacationing in Gowganda and am infactuated with the area. There is not, to me, a more beautiful, relaxing place to be. We have started to find our way back up there more and that pleases me. We'll get up there next in August. My uncle, Ang Taranto, was up Memorial Day weekend opening the camps. For now, your blog will have to satisfy my longing to be there. Thanks! Karen Murray, NY

Terry said...

Hi Bill !

That spot by the falls looks great ! I assume that's on Gowganda Lake...I'll be up there next week, and I'd love to fish it ...can you tell me how to get there ?

Thanks !