Thursday, June 19, 2008

Back to the bog


Came back to the bog to see if the flowers on the Pitcher -plant had opened. Found they were almost out, put on my chest waders and headed in. I have never seen the mosquitoes as bad as I did in the next half hour. I had my bug jacket on and the back of my hands covered in deet. Can't use it on the hands because of the camera. They were so thick I had to open up a stop on the camera to let the light in. (slight exageration) Unfortunatly the way the flower hangs it's almost impossible to take a picture of the bloom as it hangs down. Some of the shots taken were holding the camera low and shooting up, because you can't look through the viewfinder you just hope you get the right shot. Finally had to use the flash.

Found a Pink Lady's Slipper or Moccasin-Flower at Margarette Lake and a view of the lake. A stump covered with Bunchberries looked as though it had been planted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the shot of the pitcher plant....mosquito's and all!

Anonymous said...

yep, I see 4 mosquito's in that pic...