Friday, June 27, 2008

Finally a dry day

Started off pretty foggy but cleared early to a bright, hot day. Cutting grass in sections as it got drier.

About 11:45 the paddlers from Virginia arrived, after how do's they were on their way to the Wapus. They, Bill and Jo Henry were all prepared, I helped get the canoe off and the packs etc. went in and they were off. They hope to be back before the 14th if not to send out the search party. I drove their truck back to the house for safety.

As a token he had bought up a Gowganda map he purchased off eBay which was dated 1929, the road stops at Gowganda and there is no Stumpy Lake along with all sorts of other changes. He harvests honey and I have a fresh jar of locust honey that looks delicious and some huge onions out of their garden. Hope they have a safe and great trip.


Tried to get a picture of one of the guard swallows that keep divebombing me, will try again later. Last year they never bothered us. Ask Doug White what he thinks of our guards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your 'guard bird' looks pretty menacing...I will certainly be on my guard!!!!

Love Gert