Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Down to North Bay and Dump Rant

Went down to North Bay today, highway 11 under construction below Marten River, several stops for blasting and general work. Quite a bit of the highway is not in very good condition, I guess the long cold winter took care of it.

I stopped at the dump on the way out, took some pictures, nice new hole finally for the garbage, but there has to be a better way to contain it. Talk about the trouble with plastic bags, there everywhere. Between the ravens and the bears there is more garbage out of the hole than in it.

I bought 6 bags from Chartrand's grocery when they first came out, I use them everytime I go in shopping and then put them right back in the trunk of the car for the next time. At least when I go to the dump I know I've tried to help.




1 comment:

Karen said...

One would think for such a beautiful place, they would have a better solution.