Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back to Gorman Lake Heronry


Headed back to Gorman Lake were the heronry is. I was there on June 1 and took pictures of the heron's on their nests.
Today there were no herons, I expected to see young birds and adults feeding them. What I found were eaten eggs, bunches of fresh juvenile flight feathers and bones. I suspect ravens may have been the culprits as I found a raven feather too. Unfortunately the nests were cleaned out along with some young birds.
I continued my trip south and portaged (liftover) into Logan Lake, a long narrow lake. It is just north of Margarette Lake and I hope to portage to it one day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill, My dad told me about your site yesturday so came to check it out. How wonderful. Your pictures are terrific. What an eye you have. It certainly has been enjoyable looking at your pictures, it takes me back to what my dad and our family enjoy most, nature and how I don't get to appreciate it as much as I did when I was younger. Keep up the amazing work. Hope you are keeping well and Jeremy and Katie to. I know you have been a great ear for my dad during his illness and I appreciate that very much. Take care and I look forward to seeing more picures. Sincerely,
Jo-Anne