Sunday, June 1, 2008

Late Post, company in.


Well today was a great day, little humidity and lots of sun. I finally got back to Lett Lake, put the canoe in around 10:00 AM. Paddled south and portaged into Gorman Lake. Earlier I posted that there was a site of hi importance on Gorman Lake. I found partway down the lake there was a heronry. It looked as though there were two active nests, one more active than the other. I paddled over to the island and sat at a distance for some time before they came back in and was rewarded by some good pics. I'm posting only one as a teaser for tonight.

Harlan Schwartz the solo canoeist that is going from Algonquin Park to Lake Winnipeg arrived in Gowganda today. We had a great talk and supper, he is a brave fellow to be out there by himself for that long of trip. He is leaving in the AM and heading west towards Shining Tree where he will have a resupply waiting for him. As it's late I'm calling it a day.

No comments: